Friday, March 17, 2017

IDEAL WORLD

I've spent a lot of time over the last few months in anxiety and worry about events in the United States, and I've felt the effects in my physical body. Definitely a message this is not healthy. 

However, it's also obvious my head-in-the-sand approach to politics of hoping elected officials will make right, moral, and ethical choices according to my standards is ludicrous.

So I'm forging a way to become more vocal and involved in political issues in what I hope is a thoughtful way, yet allow plenty of time to tend to the other pieces of my life. 

I've also begun forming an image of an ideal world where I spend some thoughtful time each day. A world where wise, visionary leaders blend past traditions and new technology to shape a culture that constantly evolves. A world where people are respectful of Nature and live abundantly in health and creativity. Where we are interconnected with plants, animals and other people in ways that nurture all beings physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Where new inventions amaze us and inspire us to explore areas we never thought possible. 


As I look for examples of people building such a world--like a community of Earthships in New Mexico or permaculture farms growing around the world--this ideal world becomes more and more real, bringing a flow of positive energy, strength and hope, which then radiates through everything else I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment